Sitting for an UPSC exam requires great labor, consistent hard work and firm determination. In an UPSC examination, the examinee has to write on various topics and matters. For getting an idea or knowledge about the actual facts and figures, the government authorized sites are really helpful for one’s guidance. Regular updates and reports on various matters are made accessible online which are quite difficult to be recollected from books.
Here, we are going to take a look at ten ways in which the internet assists the examinees in preparing for the UPSC examination. So, let’s get started!
- Simply quit the idea of meandering from one place to the other, looking at the book shops. An UPSC examinee could, actually save a great deal of time via the search through the internet for the appropriate books for UPSC exams. Via the web, you can also put a request for buying any particular book for the UPSC exams.
- We are all glued to Facebook, aren’t we? Have we ever wondered how useful this social forum can be or is actually? You can put your Facebook account to use by subscribing to the various pages of popular news channel and discussion forums. Such pages are often regularly updated with information regarding any current issue. Through these pages and forums, you should find a way for getting all prepped up for the UPSC exams.
- Those sitting for UPSC exams require a great amount of information on several subjects such as environment, history, country and so on. They can make the use of the various applications that are available, mostly free-to-purchase. These applications are usually in relation to the Indian Constitution, Indian History, Daily Current news or Reasoning, and English Dictionary. Such applications could be useful in giving an everyday dose of information.
- In case of those who have selected Geography as a discretionary paper, Google Map would enable you to really picture the topographic states of areas to state, for instance the Himalayas. The Google 3D Maps or Google Earth is unquestionably a commendable instrument for an approach towards UPSC preps.
- In the stress of getting prepared for the exam, several people tend to read books or notes even when they are travelling. Remember: vehicles are in constant motion, accompanied with constant shaking. Your eye-muscles need to put more push to peruse the sentences in such a condition.
- Preparing for aptitude online enables you to test your fitness for any of the exams you are planning for. There are several alternatives that incorporate Formulae, Solved Problems, Practice, Tests, Daily Test, Online Test and Tips and Tricks. You can change the subject to suit your inclinations. While in the training mode, you can choose the types you need to concentrate on, for example, age, region, numbers, benefit and et cetera. You can likewise bookmark them for future reference.
- Making notes on the desktop or laptop has one major advantage over making notes on paper. It is editable and can be designed effectively. We can erase, organize, affix, embed, do anything with notes on PC but make it one clean pleasant story. For example, numerous stories on current issues get created over many months. The decision is yours – either purse the daily paper cuttings or paper notes, each containing chunks of data or read one lucid, finished story at one place on computer.
- For specific topics such as WTO and India, one may make use of the Google alarms. In this manner, you will get an email every time something is distributed over the internet containing the specific words, for example, ‘WTO’ and ‘India’.
- For subjects comprising of calculations, you can refer to the online tutoring videos where easy-to-learn methods are taught by experienced people. Such quick methods are quite useful when solving MCQ questions involving mathematics.
- Last but not the least; check out the past years’ published UPSC questionnaire and solutions. These would give you an idea about what type and pattern of questions are to be expected. Preparing accordingly gives you an edge over others in accomplishing your goal of cracking the UPSC exams.